Monday, November 3, 2014

Fall of Parties

I feel like we've been partying everyday for a week! Fall birthdays and Halloween get me every year. This year was no exception.

My sisters both hold Halloween parties for their neighborhoods.  My mom and I helped them get them pulled together, and at Meredith's we fried over 80 doughnuts!
My mom has an even crazier October because she makes all of my nieces and nephews' Halloween costumes.




Austin and I also got to dress up this year.  We do not have the personalities to enjoy this task, but when I thought of doing Juno we both stepped up to plate.  I spent the better part of two days assembling the outfits, and literally visited every store in Cheyenne.  Living here limits what you can find, but in the end I love how they turned out.  I fell even more in love with Austin when he agreed to wear those $2.99 JC Penny's yellow shorts.  I might have laughed every time I looked at him that night. However, this small amount of humiliation won us 2nd place in the costume contest!



To top off the large amount of celebration/baby weight I've gained, Austin's birthday is on November 2nd.  We had his all time favorite food (brisket and pistachio cake) at my parents' house and opened presents.  Since we have been finishing our basement for a year now, all his presents are basement related.  I also might have thought it was funny for him to have to unwrap a toilet.  He loved it!  It's been a very fun week, and if I weren't pregnant I would be doing some sort of cranberry/cucumber water cleanse to help me feel less like a beached whale.   But since I am, I will just enjoy it and use it as a warm up for Thanksgiving.



1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Austin! Your Halloween costumes are the best I've seen--and I can totally appreciate getting a toilet for a birthday present--awesome!

    ReplyDelete