Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Recovery

So I took Part I Boards. I won't find out if I passed for another 2-3 weeks, but I am enjoying my ignorance.  If I didn't pass I will have to study for another three months and then sit through the torture of taking the 8 hour long test... again.  Please sent good karma my way because I have no willpower to endure the Part I pain ever again.  In case you were wondering... there is a Part II test that I am already anticipating. To celebrate the end of 9 hour study days with my 1400 notecards, Austin and I toasted our favorite Jones Bros. Cupcakes and saw the last Harry Potter movie.  It was/is such an amazing feeling to be finished... i just hope it lasts when my score comes.
We also headed to Arizona to visit my Grandma and bask in the wonderfully dry heat.  We had such an amazing time and we loved seeing all of my family.  It wasn't all rest, though. Austin and I often watch Man vs. Food, and like to visit the restaurants featured during our travels. While in Phoenix, Austin decided to try his first official eating challenge.
Yes 12 sliders and onion strings in 30 minutes. It took him 15 minutes to realize that he couldn't finish, but I'm still SO proud of his effort.  It was really fun to watch him try and I'm glad I married someone that is too polite to shove 12 sliders in their mouth in 30 minutes.  The rest of the trip was poorly documented with photographs, but we had such a great time and miss everyone!

2 comments:

  1. i am pleased to hear that he did not complete that challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want those cupcakes! Not so much the sliders though...

    ReplyDelete