Monday, October 10, 2011

Midwest post Midterms

So 5 tests in 3 days, full patient schedule and lab work made for a really, really messed up week.  I NEEDED a perfect weekend... and luckily I had one.  Mexican food, brunch, apple picking, catching up on 19 Kids and Counting, and my last long run before my half marathon. Notice I did not mention any aspect of school! It was unbelievably wonderful. I managed to accomplish something way better than anything I do in school, though...

I realized on the way to the orchard that my domestic skills lacked in the area of what to do with the apples that we were about to pick.  Luckily I googled a recipe and attempted my first apple pie! How did it go?

Given it was NOT the best pie ever, but I made it.  I'm pretty proud of myself. Plus we now own a pie pan since Austin didn't think it would fit in my heart shaped cookie sheet.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! A heart-shaped pie would have been great! I'm also glad to see you caught up on 19 Kids...have you been able to watch the current season??

    I need to call you soon--I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you er-bear! So domestic and all! I really think you should try the heart pan though!

    ReplyDelete